Interested in a career with Essex Equine? Join a wonderful team of passionate professionals who care deeply about our patients and clients. Our dedicated team consists of office staff, veterinary technicians, barn and grounds staff, and of course veterinarians! We are always accepting resumes and will reach out if we have open positions, which will also be posted in Indeed and on our Facebook page.
Email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
For prospective veterinarians, we have two programs available. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Essex Equine Externship Program for veterinary students
During your 2–4-week externship, you will have the opportunity to experience a wide range of ambulatory cases with several different veterinarians.
- Hands-on horse handling experience
- Observation of procedures such as joint injection, gastroscope, lameness evaluation, prepurchase examination, ultrasound, shockwave, radiograph, dental work, and more
- Discussions of cases with veterinarians
- Laboratory experience
- Optional opportunity to attend emergency calls with veterinarian on call
- Pre-requisite for Internship Program
Essex Equine Internship Program for veterinary graduates
During your year-long internship, you will have the opportunity to become proficient in a wide range of procedures while you are mentored by our staff of experienced veterinarians. The first 3-4 months will be spent gaining experience under supervision, followed by increased independence, attending calls and emergencies on your own.
- Observe and gain experience with procedures such as joint injection, gastroscope, lameness evaluation, prepurchase examination, ultrasound, shockwave, radiograph, dental work, and more
- Presentation and discussion of cases
- Emergency call experience – approximately 2 nights a week, 2 weekends a month
- Access to cutting-edge diagnostic and treatment equipment and on-site laboratory
- In-patient treatment and monitoring
- On-site and external continued education opportunities
- Competitive salary with additional compensation for emergency calls
- Vacation and sick time
- Health insurance
- Professional liability insurance and licensing fees
- Reimbursement allowance for continuing education
- Mentorship from highly experience veterinarians
Interested in veterinary health as a career but not yet in a veterinary education program? We offer one-day job shadow opportunities for students who would like to explore career opportunities as veterinarians, veterinary technicians, barn/rehabilitation associates, or office staff. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!